Security Upgrade, Winnipeg MB
The Manitoba Legislature is located in Winnipeg Manitoba. HDK Consulting was retained to complete a complete security upgrade covering the grounds, and interior spaces of the legislature. This project required the HDK Consulting team identify pathways for the building that was at the turn of the 20th century. The legislature building is home to many demonstrations and the security features must be adaptable to each threat scenario. HDK Consulting designed an IP based Video Surveillance system with interfaces into Intrusion alarm, duress and Access Control Systems. The System includes the use of high resolution IP Cameras and thermal IR long range with 135 cameras of varying types and configurations based on the location and use.
Engineering of Fibre optic backbone cabling and network infrastructure.
Prime Consultant HDK Consulting
SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. Analysis of Project Scope of Work.
2. Design Development.
3. Construction Documents, Cost Verification, Scheduling.
4. Construction support Services.
5. Assistance with Commissioning Activities.
6. Post-Construction Warranty Review.
7. As-built, O&M document review.
1. Basis of Design Report and Specifications.
2. 66 / 99 /100% Construction Drawings and Specs.
3. Tender-Ready Construction Documents.
4. Site Inspections and Progress Meetings.
5. Shop Drawing Reviews.
6. PCN Production and Review.
7. Progress Claim Reports.
8. Deficiency List and confirmation of Substantial Completion for Electrical, Communications and Security work.
OBJECTIVES & CONSTRAINTS
Provide a cost effective design to meet the government of Manitoba requirements.
HDK’s professionals have extensive post-secondary experience and our members have worked on many successful projects with the college, we continue to look toward the future in our design.
Meeting expectations of the Client
Thru HDK’s personal approach to project management, we are able to ask the questions during our initial interface with the client group that will lead our team to design the best solution based on a collective approach to the project.
Limited funding available
It is imperative to constantly be aware of the budget during design of complex systems, sometime value can be achieved thru alternate design methods, or phasing of the work to ensure the funding envelope is maintained. Time is of an essence, and the ability to turn around projects quickly is very helpful to clients and HDK alike.